Recovery from LASIK Surgery
If you’ve decided to improve your vision and quality of life with LASIK surgery, first of all, congratulations! Your next important step—just as important as surgery itself—is recovery. Taking care of your eyes after surgery will help you make sure you have the best results from LASIK surgery.
- Keep in mind that everyone’s outcomes can be a little different, but you can probably expect that your eyes will be back to normal in about 24 hours. Ask your doctor how you can expect your eyes to feel and vision to work after the procedure.
- Your doctor will probably recommend that you avoid doing any work the requires close-up vision during the day or two following surgery. This includes using a com-puter, other screen device, and reading. You can probably expect to be able to drive and go to work just a few days after surgery.
- Expect slight changes as your eyes heal for a few weeks after surgery. Again, ask your doctor what to expect and what types of changes might be a sign of a problem. In other words, know when to call your doctor.
- You’ll see your doctor for a follow-up exam after surgery to make sure your eyes are healing as they should.
- If you wore contacts before surgery and still need them after, you can wear them.
- Your LASIK correction will last for your lifetime, but be aware that you vision will be affected by normal aging.
To learn more about LASIK surgery and find out if you’re a candidate, contact us.